NZXT was established in 2004 in Los Angeles, California. Now based in El Monte, California NZXT designs computer cases for gamers. Their ultimate goal is to provide every gamer with a case they can identify with. By combining unique design with improved case performance, they hope to provide their users with quality cases that represent their individual styles and personalities. Today we will be reviewing a case from their Classic series Ė The NZXT Whisper. Thanks again to Matt Shumate at the Max Borges Agency and Johnny Hou at NZXT for providing this sample for us to review. ďThe NZXT Whisper is the complete solution for the enthusiast who is not willing to sacrifice silence for performance.Ē And this is exactly what we intend to determine here in this review. Amongst its many features the NZXT Whisper includes 10mm dampening foam inside the case panels as well as a padded PSU holder. Let us take a look itís key features:
- Silent Performance 10mm noise dampening foam pads both side panels and the top panel, rubber grommets reduce vibration noise on the Hard Drives, and a padded PSU holder dramatically reduce acoustic levels within the chassis.
- Maximum Expandability Space for 9 hard drives and a total of six 5.25″ bays with ample room for large expansion cards.
- Simple Installation Pre-drilled wire management system makes it easy to route your cables and the screwless installation means you wonít be constantly reaching for your tools.
- Advanced Cooling Whisper includes 4 fans( 1 x 120mm Blue LED Intake, 1 x 120mm Black Rear Exhaust, and 2 x 80mm Rear Exhaust). Bottom mounted PSU separates the heat given off by the PSU and motherboard.
Alright letís get down to looking at the Whisper case! Packaging The whisper case comes enclose in a heavy corrugated cardboard box which simple contains the Whisper case itself. All of the additional accessories are included within the case which also includes a black bag containing the fastening hardware and the smart PC speaker solution which we noted in the NZXT Tempest case review. Upon unpacking the Whisper we also noted the magnetically latched front door that hides the drives and other front components from view.
Here are the NZXT Whisperís specifications:
- Model:: Whisper series
- Case Type:: Full Tower Steel
- Front Panel Material:: Aluminum/Plastic
- Dimensions:: 211.5W x 521.5H x 562D
- Cooling System:: Front, 1◊120mm Blue Led (included) Rear, 1◊120mm, 2◊80mm (included)
- Drive Bays:: 6 Drive Bays, 6 External 5.25″ Drive Bays, 1 3.5″ External bracket, 9 Internal 3.5″ Drive Bays Screwless Rail Design
- Materials:: Steel Construction
- Expansion Slots:: 7
- Power Supply:: 500Watt PS2 ATX 12V 2.0 (OPTIONAL)
- Weight:: 12.3Kg (W/O Power)
- Motherboard support:: E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, Baby AT